31 August 2021 – here is a link to the Event Guide for runners
Here is some important information from the organisers.
We’ve got some important changes to announce about this year’s Great North Run…
As we emerge from the pandemic we want to ensure the resilience of this year’s event and have therefore made some significant changes to the usual 13.1 mile route.
The adjustments will allow our runners to fully enjoy the experience, whilst also ensuring that they are able to socially distance both at the event and on the region’s transport network before and after they take part.
Important details for You
- The charity village will be delivered as per any other year, just in a different location on Newcastle city’s Town Moor
- All on course cheering points will be accommodated on the new course
- Many cheering points will in fact get double exposure from runners going past twice
Important details for the runner
- The distance remains at 13.1 miles
- The start line, as always, will be located on the central motorway in Newcastle upon Tyne
- They will run across the Tyne Bridge, not once… But twice!
- They will make their way through Newcastle’s city centre on their return leg
- The new finish line will be located on the Great North Road in Newcastle upon Tyne
- They will be able to enjoy our usual finisher’s village, which will now be on the city’s Town Moor